- We are witnessing the onset of the fourth global industrial revolution, characterized by the Internet: big data analytics, advanced robotics, artificial intelligence, energy storage and 3D printers.
- The fourth industrial revolution is special because of the variety of mutual and significant complementary influences – mass connectivity, an abundance of data, information democratization, and products and services tailored to a precisely quantified user.
- The Internet will vastly change both business and everyday life:
- Drone delivery will greatly lower delivery prices, healthcare monitoring and management will shorten the expenditure of time in healthcare by 80%, smart measurements, improved product safety and characteristics, e.g. cars, smart homes and many other developments.
THE FUTURE IS NOW
1st Regional Conference on Digital Medicine
Companies that wish to succeed in this intense environment need to redefine their business strategies to do business in the digital age.
- The public-private partnership Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) was established by the European Commission and the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA) in 2008 to accelerate the transformation of the healthcare system in the European Union.
- This process has been allocated EUR 5 billion
What are the hallmarks of the future steps in healthcare digitalization and which direction will it take?
- Increased availability of medical data (so-called Big Data) in the possession of and created by the
- The goal is to change the approach to medical treatment oriented to individual illnesses, in which therapy outcomes are not systematically measured, to a completely new, holistic, and result- oriented approach.
- Further channeling and implementation of global and European initiatives at the regional level.
- Emphasize increased healthcare system efficiency by using and processing available, previously underused data.
- One possible outcome is faster and easier provision of the most effective treatment to patients.
- The Future is Now conference is the logical next step after the great interest generated by the panel organized by Večernji List and the HIT Conference, Big Data in Healthcare, at the Weekend Media Festival 2015.
- It reaffirmed the potential of this type of gathering for realizing concrete projects. There is a clear common goal to contribute to system improvement and the financial framework of EU funding in the form of the IMI2 Project and other similar local initiatives.
- Widespread interest of the healthcare industry (pharmaceutical industry and the CRO) in entering the IT domain and vice versa. Both are still in the initial stages.
- Both industries are interested in mutual dialogue and cooperation, and in cooperation with healthcare administration and potential start-ups.
- There is a clear common goal to contribute to system improvement and the financial framework of EU funding in the form of the IMI2 project and other similar local initiatives.
- The great interest generated by the panel Big Data in Healthcare in our organization at the Weekend Media Festival reaffirms the potential of this type of gathering to realize concrete projects.